Choose Your Account
- Earn up to 2.25% on deposits*
- Enjoy additional rewards with debit card swipes
No monthly fees AND tons of great features.
- Streamlined and straightforward, with everything you need to manage your money wisely.
- No monthly fees or minimum monthly requirements to meet
- Earn competitive dividends on deposits
- Get access to an exclusive money market account
- Designed for ages 13-18**
- Parents can monitor debit card use
- No monthly fees
Free checking for ages 62+
- No monthly requirements
- No minimum balance to maintain
- First box of checks is free
* Earn Monthly Dividends 2.25% APY up to $15,000/0.25% APY After. This account is subject to a service fee of $4.95 each month the account does not meet the requirements to earn dividends unless a minimum balance of $500.00 is maintained during the entire month. This account must maintain an average daily balance of $1.00 to receive dividends.
** With a qualified guarantor.
Beyond the Balance
All of our checking account options come with some smart extras: free online banking, free mobile banking, free online bill pay, free eStatements and free ATM access at thousands of convenient locations. MAX also offers extended opt-in overdraft protection plans for MAX checking accounts.
If We Don’t Pay - You Don’t Pay
At MAX we work hard to support and serve our members, this includes not charging our members unnecessary fees. We do not charge Non-Sufficient Fund (NSF) fees, also known as return item fees.
In addition to no NSF fees, MAX provides members up to $10 in charge free overdraft protection. This additional coverage helps members avoid a $30 overdraft fee for those oops moments when their account may come up short on occasion.
*Members may still owe return item charges to the merchant/payee.
Get Your Paycheck Up to 2 Days Sooner
Paydays are the best days, and you can enjoy access to your paycheck up to two days’ sooner* with our new advanced deposit feature.
How it works:
- Set up your direct deposit to go to your MAX checking account
- Do a happy dance knowing you’ll have your money sooner*
It’s really that easy. Instead of waiting until your official payday to give you access to your funds, we go ahead and release the money to you when it comes in from your employer’s payroll processor. In many cases, this is two days earlier than before. Say goodbye to waiting around to pay bills, purchase groceries, or have a little fun with friends.
* Early access to direct deposit funds depends on timing of payer’s submission of deposits. MAX will post ACH deposits on the day they are received which may be up to 2 days earlier than the payer’s scheduled payment date.
- You must be a U.S. citizen or resident alien and 19 years of age or older.
- You must have a U.S. address and Social Security number, as well as, one of the following: a driver`s license, U.S. passport, or state-issued ID.
- You must also have a valid email address.
All rates quoted as Annual Percentage Yield (APY). As of the last dividend declaration date, the dividend rate was as shown above, under Dividend Rate, with the corresponding Annual Percentage Yield (APY). The Dividend Rate and Annual Percentage Yield may change as indicated in our Disclosures.
MAX Credit Union is a full-service financial institution serving Central and East Alabama, including Montgomery, AL; Auburn, AL; Opelika, AL; Prattville, AL; Wetumpka, AL; Tallassee, AL; and Troy, AL.
An app that is the perfect pair to your MAX app. Stop fraud before it happens. Download the Card Manager app today to take control of your credit & debit cards.
With products and services to fit every lifestyle and life stage, we are ready to help you manage and grow your money with ease.