Our special checking account just for teens is a must-have for learning how to responsibly manage money.
Parents have the ability to track spending and set limits with card control features. With no fees or balance requirements, using the Student Spend Account is simple and safe.
- Designed for teens ages 13 to 18*
- No minimum balance required
- No monthly service charge
- No overdraft or NSF fees
- Free Online and Mobile Banking
- Five waived ATM fees per month**
- Monitor spending with debit card manager
- Use Round Up to jumpstart savings (opt-in required)
- Easily transfer money from parent to teen accounts with the free SIDEKICK tool
- No minimum deposit to open the account
- You must be a U.S. citizen or resident alien and 19 years of age or older; ages 13-18 requires a qualified guarantor.
- You must have a U.S. address and Social Security number, as well as, one of the following: a driver`s license, U.S. passport, or state-issued ID.
- You must also have a valid email address.
Ready to get started? Call 334.260.2600 or come into any MAX branch.
* With a qualified guarantor.
** MAX will waive a maximum of 5 ATM Network fees charged for withdrawals during the month to this account for students under age 26, upon application to MAX.