Money to make home your happy place.
Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC)
You have the power to secure all or a portion of your current balance with a fixed interest rate and a set monthly payment in up to 3 different loans we call segments.
'Segments' allow you to take control of your financial stability. By locking in specific portions of your line of credit, you're ensuring that they won't be subject to interest rate fluctuations. This means your monthly payments remain steady and predictable, making it easier to manage your finances and plan for the future with confidence.
- Line of credit you can access as often as you would like for any purpose
- Access funds through special checks, digital banking tools, or at MAX branches
- 4.50% introductory APR* variable rate after that
- The monthly payment on the main line is interest-only
- No prepayment penalty
- Draw period is 10 years
- Repayment period is 20 years and runs concurrently with the draw period
- Must have an initial draw of $10,000 and maintain a minimum balance of at least $10,000 for the first 18 months for MAX to cover closing costs*
- The minimum annual percentage rate will be the "current" prime rate or prime rate plus 1.00% based on your credit score with a floor rate of 4.00%**
- You can lock an existing balance or loan advance to a fixed rate term and payment. (These are called segments)
- Up to 3 open fixed rate segments allowed at one time. ***
- Maximum rate change of 1.00% per monthly cycle
** APR=Annual Percentage Rate. Promotional rate on the HELOC of 4.50% APR for the first 6 months of the loan. APR for all transactions and balances will be based upon your contracted rate which will be a variable rate based upon The Wall Street Journal prime rate which was 8.50% as of 7/27/2023 but will never be more than the maximum APR (Annual Percentage Rate) of 18% or less than 4.00%.
***A fixed rate segment cannot be transferred to another open segment. Once opened, additional funds cannot be added to an existing fixed rate segment. On single segment payments the interest accrued on that segment will be deducted from the payment and the remaining balance will be applied to the principal on that segment only. Segment only payments can only be processed by a MAX employee. Term and rate will be determined per the agreement signed at closing.
This is a variable rate loan. Your loan has a balloon payment. At the end of the loan term, any balance remaining will have to be paid. Most consumers with a balloon note refinance their loan before the final balloon payment becomes due. A minimum outstanding balance of $10,000 must be maintained for the first 18 months to avoid closing costs. Closing costs may range from $115-$1150. This convenient line of credit is available when you need it. Homeowners insurance required. For qualified borrowers, certain restrictions apply.
For qualified borrowers. Certain restrictions apply. Equal Housing Lender.
MAX Credit Union is a full-service financial institution serving Central and East Alabama, including Montgomery, AL; Auburn, AL; Opelika, AL; Prattville, AL; Wetumpka, AL; Tallassee, AL; and Troy, AL
An app that is the perfect pair to your MAX app. Stop fraud before it happens. Download the Card Manager app today to take control of your credit & debit cards.
With products and services to fit every lifestyle and life stage, we are ready to help you manage and grow your money with ease.