Member Service Consultant
Post Date: 08/1/2017
Location: All Branches
MAX is now seeking experienced Member Service Consultants in the Montgomery and River Region area, as well as Auburn, Opelika, Troy and the East Alabama area. These skilled individuals will be responsible for assisting members and potential members with their financial needs to include servicing transactions, counseling members on product selection or use, opening new accounts, and processing consumer loans. If you have what it takes to be a Member Service Consultant at MAX, come be a part of our dynamic team!
Qualified candidates will have at least 6 months work-related experience to include sales.
To assist members and potential members with their Credit Union needs; explain services, set up new accounts, respond to problems, and direct members to the appropriate people.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Opens accounts and fully explains the services and distributes the proper disclosures.
- Assists members in establishing Jenny MAX, ATM/ Debit Card services, and Online Banking.
- Assists members in completing appropriate documentation regarding fraud situations.
- Maintains basic knowledge of MAX products and services, and consistently cross offers these products and services.
- Assists members with the completion of paperwork and posts documents required for stop payment orders, direct deposits, payroll deductions, allotments, etc.
- Assists or seeks assistance effectively for members who have concerns/problems relating to Credit Union matters.
- Performs duties of Branch Receptionist and Member Service Representative once a month to maintain skills.
- Handles mail/telephone requests and inquires in accordance with Credit Union policies.
- Supports and adheres to the member service standards.
- Completes all training as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Experience: Six months of cumulative related experience.
- Education: A high school education or GED.
- Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
*Other Skills: Minimum of one year of public contact experience required. Effective oral and written communication skills desired. Proficient computer skills preferred.
Requisition Number: 14-0011