We invest in our communities.
Committing to making them better places to live, work, and play.
The heart of MAX is our communities. The people we serve are not just customers; they are our families, friends, and neighbors. We realize every day is an opportunity to invest in our communities, and we work hard to help them thrive.
MAX Gives on Giving Tuesday
We care about helping neighbors and local organizations grow and thrive. That's why we we give back each year through our community giving program. Through community giving, we are able to recognize organizations doing good work and making a positive impact for so many by providing monetary donations, service hours, and non-profit board leadership.
During the 2021 holiday season, we donated an additional $115,000 to 23 local organizations as a part of Giving Tuesday.
- Children’s Center Adult Program
- Child Protect
- Mid-Alabama Coalition for the Homeless
- Easter Seals of Alabama
- Montgomery Humane Shelter
- Hands on River Region Christmas Clearing House
- Girl Scouts of Southern Alabama
- The Arts Council of Montgomery
- Butterfly Bridge
- Service Dogs of Alabama
- Elmore Humane Shelter
- Elmore County Board of Education (Project Lead the Way)
- Autauga Education Foundation
- Autauga Humane Shelter
- Montgomery Area Food Bank
- Family Support Center
- Our House, Auburn
- Lee County Humane Shelter
- Food Bank of East Alabama Community Market
- BIG House, Auburn
- Johnson Center For the Arts, Troy
- Troy Animal Rescue
- House of Hope
Making an impact in our local communities
Community investment comes in many shapes and sizes. From corporate donations to volunteer service, we seek to make a lasting impact and support causes that matter.
MAX sponsors many events throughout the year and participates in many more
- MAX4Kids Charity Golf Tournament
- MAX Community Achievement Award
- MAX Capital City Classic and Fireworks
- MAX Burger Bash
Donations & Support
Throughout our 66-year history, MAX has supported hundreds of local non-profits with thousands of dollars in sponsorships, donations, and grants. In 2021, MAX donated to several organizations that impact our communities, including $47,000 to 13 local non-profits:
- Storybook Farm
- Prattville Field of Dreams
- Exceptional Foundation of East Alabama
- Boys and Girls Club of Lee County
- Family Sunshine Center
- Pike County DHR
- Montgomery Area Council On Aging
- Alabama Shakespeare Festival
- Montgomery Museum of Fine Arts
- Montgomery Area Non-Traditional Equestrians (MANE)
- Boys and Girls Club of Troy
- Common Ground, Troy
- Alabama Wildlife Federation
If you would like to submit a community giving request, feel free to do so. While we would love to support every cause, we are unable to grant each submitted request.
MAX Credit Union is a full-service financial institution serving Central and East Alabama, including Montgomery, AL; Auburn, AL; Opelika, AL; Prattville, AL; Wetumpka, AL; and Troy, AL.