Your debit and credit cards are indispensable and part of your everyday personal finances. With the freedom and confidence to manage your cards, we give you the power to take control of your financial future through CardCommand.
You set the rules so you have more peace of mind. And you'll receive immediate alerts anytime activity takes place.
- Turn your card turn 'off and on' to control when it's used; this is especially convenient if you misplace your cards or they are stolen.
- Set geographic limits on where your card can be used based on specific areas or regions.
- Define spending limits by transaction amount, week, or month for yourself, your children, and other family members.
- Define the types of acceptable transactions by permitting or denying online shopping and select retailers.
- Download the free CardCommand app today and take control of your debit and credit cards.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this a MAX branded app?
No, we have partnered with CardCommand which is a third-party app to provide you with the controls you need in order to help keep your debit and credit card purchases safe.
Is the CardCommand mobile app secure?
The CardCommand mobile app is a secure product for the following reasons:
- The mobile application does not store any protected card holder data (such as debit or credit card numbers, PIN, CVV/CVV2, etc.).
- It only displays a payment card using common publicly used references such as the last 4 digits of the card number and the card holder name.
- By design, the mobile application does not contain any information that is subject to PCI-DSS or PA-DSS rules, because it can be downloaded and run on any unprotected device.
- The user provides login credentials and passes them to the authentication server without storing any passwords internally.
- In case of lost mobile devices, the user login for the CardCommand mobile app can be remotely deactivated, thereby stopping any unauthorized access.
What happens if you purchase a new phone?
Can multiple users register with CardCommand using the same card?
Yes, multiple users can register the same card.
What happens if I lose my phone or it gets stolen?
Call us immediately at 334-260-2600 or 800-449-7728. MAX can disable your login for the application.
If someone stole my phone, will they see my account information?
The app doesn’t store any sensitive data. Even if you lose your phone, no one will see your card or account numbers. Sensitive data is always masked in the app.
The card is on, but showing inactive. What does this mean?
The card on/off capability allows you to control when your card is on. Also, MAX may set the card state to inactive if we have detected fraudulent activity on your card. If the card is inactive, it cannot be used regardless of your setting. Please call us at 855-437-2797 (credit card) or 888-908-7828 (debit card) so that we may assist you.
The login page keeps coming up even if I open the app after a few minutes. Why is this?
For security purposes, CardCommand logs you out of the app after a period of inactivity. You have to log into the app again if the app is idle for some time.
I turned my card off. Will recurring transactions go through?
Yes, recurring transactions that have already been set will continue to go through.
How long does it take for a control setting to take effect?
Control settings take effect as soon as the “updating information” message in the app stops.
When I set my location control, how far can I be from the merchant for transactions to still go through?
Normally, if the merchant location is within a 5 mile radius of the user’s location, the transaction will be approved if My Location control is set.
Why did my transaction get denied?
There are many reasons why a transaction may be denied. You may not have sufficient funds in your account, the transaction may be suspected fraud, you may have set control preferences that cause denial, etc. If you look at the transaction details in CardCommand, the reason for denial is often available and described as part of the transaction summary. If you tap the transaction details, if any of your preferences caused the denial, they will be listed. If you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to call us at 855-437-2797 (credit card) or 888-908-7828 (debit card).
If I turn on my location, who can see my location?
CardCommand and MAX do not maintain a history of your location. Your current location is only used for the purpose of correlating with the merchant location when you do a transaction. CardCommand does not maintain a record of your location history.
What smart phones and tablets are supported?
Currently only Apple iOS and Google Android based smart phones are supported. For these devices, CardCommand supports the current operating system plus two previous OS versions. The app is not officially supported on tablets.
MAX Credit Union is a full-service financial institution serving Central and East Alabama, including Montgomery, AL; Auburn, AL; Opelika, AL; Prattville, AL; Wetumpka, AL; and Troy, AL.
We work our best when it's together.
With products and services to fit every lifestyle and life stage, we are ready to help you manage and grow your money with ease.