Me Checking® is MAX's free checking account with no hidden fees or charges. This no-fee checking account offers a high annual percentage yield with no minimum balance.
was created with you in mind. Earn *2.25% APY (annual percentage yield) on balances up to $15,000 and *0.40% APY on balances $15,000 and greater! With this FREE checking account, you receive free Online Bill Pay and free eStatements.
Features of the Checking account include:
- No monthly fees
- No minimum balance requirement
- Free MAX Online Bill Pay
- Free eStatements
- Five network fees refunded per month for non-MAX ATM transactions
You're going to love Me Checking® – the no-fee checking account designed with you in mind.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I qualify for Me Checking® and earn 2.25% APY?
MAX pays dividends on the Me Checking® account based on a split rate tier structure and the account's average daily balance for the month. The APYE (annual percentage yield earned) for balances between $1.00 and $15,000 is calculated at 2.25% APY (annual percentage yield). The APYE for balances above $15,000 uses a split calculation; 2.25% APY on the first $15,000 and 0.40% APY on the remaining balance. These two rates together will yield a combined APYE to calculate your monthly dividend. This combined APYE is shown on your statement.
To qualify for Me Checking® and earn dividends, meet these simple requirements:
- Open a Me Checking® free checking account with as little as $50. After that, there's no minimum balance requirement.
- Sign up for eStatements.
- Sign up for Direct Deposit into your Me Checking® account.
- Use your MAX Check Card to make at least five credit purchases per month (no PIN required). To meet this Me Checking® account requirement for any given month, the credit purchases must post to your account by the end of that month.
- Use MAX Online Bill Pay to pay one bill per month. To meet this Me Checking® account requirement for any given month, the bill must post to your account by the end of that month.
What are MAX ATM network fees?
MAX ATM network fees are charged when you use your MAX Check Card at an ATM within our ATM partner network, as highlighted in the Electronic Transfers Act Disclosure. With Me Checking®, you receive up to five of these fees refunded each month. You may also be charged surcharge usage fees by the financial institution that manages the ATM machine, but MAX cannot refund these fees. Of course, you won't be charged ATM network fees for using an ATM owned by MAX or an ATM with the CUHERE logo.
How do I use MAX Online Bill Pay?
MAX Online Bill Pay is a quick, easy and secure way to pay your monthly bills online. You can manage and control every payment from one screen. Just point, click, and bills are paid.
Learn more about Online Bill Pay »
Is Me Checking® not the right account for you? Review our Checking Accounts Comparison guide to find the right fit.
Ready to open a Me Checking® Account?
*Rates subject to change.