Me Checking is MAX's checking account designed with you in mind. This checking account offers a high annual percentage yield with no minimum balance, and has NO monthly fees when you meet certain requirements.
Features of the Checking account include:
- No monthly fees when you maintain a $500 minimum balance or complete requirements to earn dividends
- Free MAX VISA® Check Card
- Free myMAX Online Banking
- Free MAX Mobile Banking
- Free MAX Online Bill Pay
- Free eStatements
- Five network fees refunded per month for non-MAX ATM transactions
You're going to love Checking – the checking account designed with you in mind.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
MAX pays dividends on the Me Checking account based on a split rate tier structure and the account's average daily balance for the month. The APYE (annual percentage yield earned) for balances between $1.00 and $15,000 is calculated at 2.25% APY (annual percentage yield). The APYE for balances above $15,000 uses a split calculation; 2.227% APY on the first $15,000 and 0.30% APY on the remaining balance. These two rates together will yield a combined APYE to calculate your monthly dividend. This combined APYE is shown on your statement.
To qualify for Me Checking and earn dividends, meet these simple requirements:
- Open a Me Checking free checking account with as little as $50.
- Sign up for eStatements.
- Sign up for Direct Deposit into your Me Checking account.
- Use your MAX Check Card to make at least ten debit or credit purchases per month. To meet this Me Checking account requirement for any given month, the purchases must post to your account by the end of that month.
- Credit purchases are purchases made with your check card when you choose "credit" instead of "debit" at the transaction terminal. When you choose "credit" you don't have to enter your PIN to authorize the transaction, but your signature may be required instead.
- Use MAX Online Bill Pay to pay one bill per month. To meet this Me Checking account requirement for any given month, the bill must post to your account by the end of that month.
MAX ATM network fees are charged when you use your MAX Check Card at an ATM within our ATM partner network, as highlighted in the Electronic Transfers Act Disclosure. With Me Checking, you receive up to five of these fees refunded each month. You may also be charged surcharge usage fees by the financial institution that manages the ATM machine, but MAX cannot refund these fees. Of course, you won't be charged ATM network fees for using an ATM owned by MAX or an ATM with the CUHERE logo.
Is Me Checking the right account for you? Review our Checking Accounts Comparison guide to find the right fit.
*Rates subject to change.
Some restrictions may apply. To learn more, read the Truth-In-Savings Disclosure.